I’m a mother of two, happily married for twenty-five years, living in the Pacific Northwest. I am a complete TV addict (have to have it on at all times). I like to write, play online RPG’s, sing, read… lots more I can’t think of at the moment…
The supernatural has long been my favorite to write and read. Werewolves, vampires, witchcraft, ghosts, things that go bump in the night; these are a few of my favorite things to write about. Not sparkly beings with phenomenal cosmic power that are always the smartest, bravest, prettiest Mary Sue to walk the planet, but real people who just happen to have this little quirk…
I’ve been busily writing away, completing 30 novels. Angel of Mercy, Mercy for the Wicked, Mercy for the Damned, Child of Mercy, Mercy for the Fallen, The Touch, Pretty Witches All in a Row, Kiss the Witch Goodbye, Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down, Meet Me When the Sun Goes Down, Find Me When the Sun Goes Down, Miss Me When the Sun Goes Down, Follow Me When the Sun Goes Down, Hear Me When the Sun Goes Down, Release Me When the Sun Goes Down, Trust Me When the Sun Goes Down, Tempt Me When the Sun Goes Down, Kiss Me When the Sun Goes Down, Carter, Forget Me When the Sun Goes Down, Moonsong, Scarlett Moon, Chase the Moon, The Company of Shadows, The Company of Darkness, The Company of Lies, The Company of Death,The Vampire Diaries: Tabula Rasa, The Vampire Diaries: Dark Side of the Moon,and Nine Steps to Sara are available for sale now.
Here is a list of random facts about me in no particular order.
1) I am obsessed with Joss Whedon. I’ll pretty much watch anything he makes. Even if all he did was pick up coffee for the cast. If Joss is associated, I’m in. Every once in a while I have dreams where I meet him and I’m all suave and cool and not the hopeless tongue-tied mess I’d really be IRL.
2) I listen to classical music while I write. Sometimes it’s a specific song on a loop over and over again, but mostly I need something soft and in the background otherwise, I get too distracted. Now, while I’m plotting is another story entirely. Then I listen to a weird hodge podge of music, anything from Muse to Portishead to Journey to Ke$ha to The Carpenters to Marilyn Manson to musical numbers from The Pirate Movie… it’s a weird playlist.
3) I share many geeky interests with Anja (from my Forged Bloodlines series) such as: superheroes (particularly Cap), Lord of the Rings, Sliders, Big Bang Theory, Star Trek, Star Wars, Zombies, Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Firefly, Buffy, and of course fabulous movies like Sharktopus and Sharknado.
4) I am scared to death of speaking in public. I will probably never give a book reading. Like ever. There’s a reason I chose a profession that allows me to remain behind the scenes and interact with fans solely through the internet. I guess I could always hire a shill if I get rich and famous enough. But I’m also enough of a control freak that I know it’d drive me nuts, so no… don’t think I’ll ever do that.
5) I recorded an album when I was seven years old. I was part of a band of kids that sang and danced in Spanish and English. We performed all over California, mostly at private functions but things like county fairs and stuff too. We once performed at Disneyland. We put out a record every couple of years and the one I was on I sang two songs for and I was on the cover.
6) I live in the Pacific Northwest because of an April Fool’s Joke. I primarily grew up in Santa Cruz, CA (which is wicked expensive!). The company I worked for had their HQ up near Portland Oregon, and as a joke I came home and told my husband that they were so happy with my performance that they wanted to transfer me to their corporate office. To my utter surprise, he said “Okay, let’s do it!” To which I had to admit I was full of… April foolery, and there was no job opening up there. But we started looking into it anyway and though it took us another five years to make it up here, we sold our house and took the plunge with no clear idea of how we’d make a living. It worked out though, and I love living here!
7) I wanted to be a cop when I was growing up. Or something in law enforcement. Not a huge surprise that both my parents worked for the Sheriff’s department, but I set off to college thinking I’d join them some day.
8) I am the weirdest combination of driven and lazy that you’ll ever meet (see above). Driven = slave over a hot stove all day long in 90 degree heat, Lazy = let the Tupperware build up for a week before I get to it. Driven = push myself to write between 4K and 5K words per day even if I’m sick, Lazy = wear pajamas until noon and text my kid to come and turn on a lamp that’s less than four feet away.
9) Like Cady (In the Company series), I skipped a grade in school. Okay, so it was kindergarten, but it made me younger than all of my classmates for the rest of my school career, which was alternately cool and annoying. It also led to some unusual age differences in boyfriends such as:
10) I married my high school sweetheart. Yep, started dating him when I was 14 (and he was 18!) years old and we’ve been married now for 24 years. So yes, I am living proof that you can completely fall in love at first sight and live happily ever after.